You want to reset the configuration of your Linksys router because you want to strengthen the security. Do not worry because there are two simple ways to do it and all you need is pick one which you can do easily. The second one is ideal if you forgot your username and password, if you already have set the setting.
Resetting Using Your Computer
- Only type in your browser 192.168.1.1. Input the username and password you may have created. If you never set, just leave the username blank and type in “admin” on password area.
- Check out “Administration” tab and then just opt for “Factory Defaults” on the sub-tab.
- Finally, click the “Restore Factory Defaults” tab as well as your router will reset.
Resetting Using the Reset Button
- Confirm that your Linksys router is plug-in and attached to the power. Glance at the back and underlying part in the router and look for the “Reset” tab. The button is marked for its function and recessed along with a little hole to prevent injuries of resetting it.
- You would use a straightened out paper clip or any pointed objects and push the Reset button till the power light will start blinking. This process will be done in 10 seconds and then for previous modems might take 30 seconds.
- Then, let go the key and hold off until the light will minimize from flashing. Generally if the light would not cease from flashing after 60 seconds of releasing it, you’ll want to proceed instantly to the next step.
- Detach the router from the power cable for about 30 seconds after which plug it back again. A fresh unit of Linksys routers wouldn’t actually need this method nevertheless it won’t trigger a harm to try. Your router now has finally been reset toward the default factory environment and prepared for a new configuration.
Secure your router now by following the steps above so you can connect to your network without problem.