In year 2009, it was all over the internet news that there are thousands of Hotmail accounts that had been hacked. To many users, it can be a traumatizing event. No one would ever expect that one day your identity might be stolen from you. Even if Hotmail is doing the best to prevent it from happening again, as a user you can do something to protect their MSN Hotmail login details. You can use the following precaution tips below:
- Set up an anti-virus that comes at a genuine company. There are several face anti-viruses that boasts to discover truly viruses but inevitably these programs are developed to record accounts and passwords. They send all to the online criminals. So when you install any programs, be aware of the manufacturer for this software.
- Always perform a complete scan within your computer when you view your Hotmail account, particularly when you download data. Your anti-virus should spot any malware, spyware or virus attached to the email you opened.
- Update password consistently. You need to unite uppercase, lowercase, special characters and numbers making it more solid. Ensure that you assess when you subscribe your password as “Very Strong” before you start affirming. It could be much challenging for hackers to guess your password. You can do it once per month.
- You should not view your Hotmail profile in public places wherever possible. If ever it is actually an emergency, it is important to update your password promptly at your house or any private network you have.
- You should not access any emails that demand Hotmail sign in info or select any web site from anonymous senders. These are typically messages that are sent by hackers employed to obtain username and passwords.
- It’s best not to save your passwords in any computer that you do not own. Never also write or keep them any place which could be viewed by individuals.
For those who do not have an account yet, visit MSN Hotmail sign up page.